Here to help your child engage and participate in everyday activities to achieve their best potential.
0422 823 447
Townsville Occupational Therapy Service
Occupational therapists can help your child engage and participate in their everyday activities so they can achieve their best potential!
We are a family centred practice operating in Townsville that also visits the surrounding areas of Ayr, Ingham and Charters Towers.
Our philosophy is to help your child engage and participate in everyday activities to achieve their best potential. We aim to equip parents and caregivers with skills to assist the child with their ongoing growth and achievements.
We conduct an initial assessment to determine your child’s strengths, difficulties in their everyday activities and to create individual goals. We also come to you for therapy!
What is Occupational Therapy?
Occupational therapists help children learn and develop skills to be able to engage, participate and achieve in everyday activities. Occupational therapists can help improve the following skills:
Daily living skills
– toileting, dressing, eating (including fussiness), cooking, cleaning and shopping.
– fine motor, gross motor and motor planning.
– expanding and building on current play, imaginative play and playing with others.
– handwriting, drawing, using scissors and more.
– attention/concentration, memory, problem solving, sequencing, perception.
– making friends, navigating and understanding the social world.
– learning how to handle emotions.
– under or over reaction to sensory input.
Occupational therapy initial assessment and comprehensive report
Occupational therapy session
home, childcare or school
– at request of parent/caregiver.
– client conference;
– teacher meetings;
– resource development (social story, home programs).
– please note, this is not covered by funding.